Engaging Women To Be Cage-Free and Spirit Led

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Cage of Responsibility Strikes Again!

It isn't as if I haven't been aware of the cages.  I have them posted in my office, they are in my briefcase, and on this Blog.  And yet, one of them has ever so subtly worked its' way back into my day.  In my job as a Realtor, I work with new people all the time.  Each new person brings another set of responsibilities that I take very seriously.  Recently, I have been blessed with a surge in business, therefore more reponsibility.  Don't get me wrong, I know that every client I get to serve is sent to me by God for a reason.  I am fully aware that most likely the relationship will bear spiritual fruit for one or both of us.  That makes it easy for me to use it as an excuse not to do something God is calling me to do.  You know what I mean;  That reoccuring voice in your head telling you to call someone, to write a note to someone, to start a Bible study for young women, to join the Hungry & Homeless ministry, to babysit a friend's children so she can have a moment to herself, to hire that teenager to help around the house, etc...  If I learned nothing in the Chase The Goose study, it was that every little call can lead to a huge call.  If not for you, for someone in your life.  Whatever time you think it will rob from you, God will return to you multiplied.

In Ecclesiates 8:5b it says: for a wise heart knows the proper time and procedure.  Don't use the excuse of Responsibility to keep you from what the Spirit is telling you in your heart.  Do It Now!

Be Blessed!
Terri

1 comment:

  1. Terri,

    I work with the Threads team in Nashville that produced Chase the Goose with Mark Batterson. I hope your group is enjoying the study! We would love to hear your feedback, tell us what you think about the study/leader kit/etc. If you are thinking about what study you might do next, I would recommend Interrupted by Jen Hatmaker. I'd be happy to send you a free member book to check it out- just e-mail me your address, jenny.williams@lifeway.com. Thanks for supporting the Threads ministry!

    Jenny Williams

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Comments Here...