Engaging Women To Be Cage-Free and Spirit Led

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sometimes He Compells You To Obey...

In the spirit of this blog, pun intended, a story of being completely over taken by The Spirit is wholly appropriate, so here goes...

I am a member of a large church here where we have two opportunities for women's Bible Study, Tuesday evenings and Thursday mornings.  On the third session of this study, I met a woman in our small group who was going through a very tough time.  That was Thursday morning.  On Saturday evening during the church service, I saw that she was sitting with some of her friends right behind me.  We both smiled and said hello during the greeting and  contnued to worship.  During this service we have a time for people to go to the front and pray with a prayer partner.  I am part of the prayer team and noticed that she and one of her friends came down for prayer.  I was so glad to see her down there.  After returning to my seat, two of our praise team began to sing My Adonai.  Immediately I felt compelled to turn my body around, reach over the back of my seat and hold her hand.  So I start argueing with God saying it would be awkward, I would be contorted and besides she was sitting with friends and we just met!  I can't explain it any other way, but that the Holy Spirit welled up in me and basically said we are doing this!  Without looking back, I turned half way around in my seat, reached my arm over the back of my chair and grabbed her hand.  She squeezed my hand in recognition and we stayed that way until the song was near its' end.
The whole message that night seemed to be written for her exact situation and I knew she was being blessed by it.  After the service, when we were all filing out of our rows, she did not look at me and I thought oh no I overstepped.  I tapped her on the shoulder and told her I would see her Thursday.
All week I dreaded seeing her because of what a fool I had been.
Thursday morning as we got to our small group, she said I want to thank you for last Saturday.  Then she said; I was sitting there falling apart and telling God that I just needed a hug, or someone to hold my hand and then you turned around and grabbed my hand.  I so needed that at that moment.
You just never know why God wants you to do a thing.  I was in at least three cages that night before He set me free to help Him bless a hurting woman.
My advice, don't argue, just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Comments Here...